The Riponian Organising Team were notified at the time of the news that Forestry England was not allowing forest rallies until spring 2021 was announced that this decision would be reviewed in October/November and should continue planning to run the event in February.
With no forthcoming news about access to the Yorkshire forests in February, coupled with uncertainty of what the future holds for COVID-19 restrictions after the Christmas ‘freedom of movement' decided at the planning meeting on the 27th November that the only sensible thing to do would be cancel the event in February.
Additionally with there being no prospect of access to the forests between March and the end of July, which would then take us into clashes with events planning to use the same forests, unfortunately the only option was to have no Riponian in 2021. We plan to not waste the work the team has put in so far and aim to go again in February 2022.
The team have subsequently learned that Forestry England have barred all events involving more than 30 people until at least Easter 2021.
Taken from the events Web-site, 22nd December 2020