The below is part of our monthly newsletter that all entrants and club members get. This was communicated at 11.30 am this morning.
Originally this was written on Monday 4th January at 10am talking you through our plan for Jan/Feb, however at 8pm last night it took on a very different message..
In light of the new 6 week lockdown for England we feel the best course of action for the good of the sport long-term and in fairness to all of you who are joining us, is to postpone the event to our back up date and roll entries over to then unless otherwise advised.
That date is 15/16th October. We can hear you thinking that’s a little while away (it’ll soon be here) but that’s very deliberate.
That date is based around the government advising that under 50’s will possibly only see vaccines around late summer time, this being the case that October date gives us all a huge opportunity to make something really memorable including:
A very special Motorsport Festival
A timed option for entrants with eligible cars and licences (existing entrants will get first chance on this)
At least one extra venue
The razzamatazz of the start and finish
Plus the thing that really creates the atmosphere, and that’s fans back on the side of the public road and test venues. This is something we class as key to what Revival is about as it brings that atmosphere which modern events sometimes miss.
We as an organising team have spent over 12 months putting this years event together and indeed one of the team has burst into tears this morning when we took the joint decision to postpone. It really means that much to them.
But perhaps more importantly we don’t want to run something that could cause public relations issue for the long-term good of our sport.
As rally fans ourselves we ask that you sit tight with us because jointly we’ve got something really special to be a part of come October.