Statement on the Event's Facebook Page - Dated Thursday 8th April
GREYSTOKE STAGES ANNOUNCEMENT
On behalf of the Greystoke Stages committee I would like to advise that we have made a decision to reschedule this year’s Greystoke Stages from Sunday July 4th until Sunday 19th September. The reasons behind this deci-sion are that the organising committee have been approached by Malcolm Wilson and M-Sport and asked if we would consider running another M-Sport Rally Event in Greystoke Forest this summer. I trust many of you would have been involved in supporting the M-Sport Stages last year. From the initial discussions we have had and the ideas being discussed so far this looks like it could be another rather special event. The very difficult job has been when looking at the calendar and considering the very different dependencies each event has as well as the avail-ability of key people for both events is to find a suitable date. In the end it was felt that the best compromise to en-able both events to run is to reschedule the traditional Greystoke Stages for Sunday 19th September. This will allow a two-day rally to run in Greystoke on 3rd/4th July.
July 3rd/4th M-Sport Stages (2-day Rally Event)
Sept 19th Greystoke Stages (traditional one day format)
We appreciate that we have already asked all of you to commit to the July 4th date and as always you have been very supportive. We hope you can understand the reasons for the date change and we hope you share our enthu-siasm to be able to have two forest rallies in Greystoke in what has been a very quiet year so far. Also, we really appreciate the support that Malcolm has given us over many years in allowing us to use Greystoke Forest so we are pleased to be part of organising these special events in return.
We really apologise to anyone who by these changes of dates / plans may no longer be able to be involved in either event. We do hope as well that as many of you who wish to support either or both events, still can. The main purpose of this email is to let you know the change of plans as soon as we could and before whispers reach too far. Between Roger and myself we will be in contact shortly to discuss availability for both events. However please feel free to respond to this email to let us know your availability or if you have any initial questions. We will share with you the details of the newly proposed M-Sport event in due course and as soon as we have more finalised plans in place. For now, the competitive stages will be in Greystoke Forest for a full day on Saturday 3rd July with a continuation on Sunday 4th with the aim of a mid-day or early afternoon finish.
Thank you for your understanding of the situation and we really hope to see you in Greystoke again and again this year.
Richard Christensen and Roger Fisher